Two posts in a day? Who woulda thunk? But here, ta-daa, is our class schedule for the next two months; no pictures, just the facts.
By the way, there are a lot of non-class events planned at the shop, too. Knit-alongs. Scarf Club. Yarn tastings. Even a guest teacher. If you arrived here via a link in one of our emails, then you already know about some of the other happenings coming up. If not, if you’ve just arrived blogside by happy chance, I promise there will be full details here on the other mark-your-calendar dates soon. But for now, since I know some kind folks have been on the lookout for these listings for awhile, here they are, without further ado (I don’t care for ado, do you?):
SOCKS TOE-UP ON 2 CIRCULARS Knit a half-size practice sock from the toe up on 2 circular needles, learning the Magic Cast-on for a seamless start and how to turn a heel with short rows. Instructor: Ann Ross; 2 sessions / Thursday, Sept. 8 & 15, 5:45-7:15 p.m.; $45.
INTRO TO STRANDED KNITTING: FAIR ISLE COWL Carolyn has designed an entirely new pattern for this beginner class: a reversible cowl to introduce you to the two-handed method of Fair Isle stranded colorwork. Instructor: Carolyn Kern; 2 sessions / Saturday, Sept. 10 & 24, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.; $45.
NEXT STEPS IN LACE: SWALLOWTAIL SHAWL If you are comfortable with lace directions/charts and are ready for more challenging patterns, Evelyn Clark’s “Swallowtail” is the perfect next step. Learn how to make nupps in this Estonian-influenced design. Instructor: Ann Ross; 3 sessions / Saturday, Sept. 10, 1:30-3:30 p.m.; Oct. 1 & 22, 1:00-2:00 p.m.; $60.
READY, SET, TWIST: KNITTING CABLES Reading cable charts and twisting stitches only looks tricky. Project is a square pillow cover with an allover cable design. Instructor: Ann Ross; 1 session / Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; $30.
JUST ENOUGH RUFFLES * Short rows create the graceful curve in this pretty scarf, and class will cover 4 different ways to make short rows. Instructor: Ann Ross; 1 session / Saturday, Sept. 17, 2:00-3:30 p.m.; $25.
CONTINENTAL KNITTING Knowing how to hold and tension yarn in your left hand, “Continental” style, is useful even when you knit with your yarn in the right hand most of the time. Stranded colorwork, such as Fair Isle, may even depend on it. You may discover you’ve been a “picker” rather than “thrower” all along! Instructor: Linda Mesavage; 1 session / Saturday, Sept. 24, 1:00-2:00 p.m.; $20.
MY FIRST SWEATER * What are you waiting for? Start knitting garments with an easy top-down pullover pattern with options for a flattering fit. Top-down means you’ll be working in the round with virtually no seaming and the option to try on as you go. Pre-class gauge swatching a must. Instructor: Carolyn Kern Saturday, Oct. 1, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.; Oct. 8 & 22 and Nov. 5, 10:30-11:30 a.m.; $75.
SOCKS TOP-DOWN ON DPNS Learn to knit socks in the traditional style, top down with double pointed needles. Project is a half-size pattern that will prepare you to make well-fitting full-size socks in no time. Instructor: Gina Thackara; 2 sessions / Saturday, Oct. 8, 1:00-3:00 p.m. and Oct. 15, 1:00-2:00 p.m.; $45.
CAIRN HAT & FINGERLESS GLOVES * This Ysolda Teague pattern for matching hat and gloves may look difficult, but it’s easy to memorize and fun to knit. Instructor: Ann Ross; 1 session / Sunday, Oct. 2, 1:30-3:30 p.m.; $30.
* Pattern purchase required.
Now for the fine print:
• All classes require secure knowledge of how to cast-on, bind-off, knit, and purl. Some classes may require homework in advance of the first session. Details available at time of registration.
• Cost of patterns and supplies are not included in the class fee. In-stock supplies for all classes may be purchased by class participants at a 10% discount. We encourage you to buy your materials in advance to save time on the day of the class. (And we really do appreciate your buying all your class supplies from us!) • Classes filled on a first come, first served basis.
• Payment is due when you sign-up. We accept reservations by telephone with payment by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
• A pre-paid class fee will only be refunded if at least 5 days advance notice is given that you will not be attending. If fewer than 5 days notice is given, a refund will only be made if we are able to fill your space in the class with another student. An un-refunded class fee is transferable and may be used to register for future classes.
• Class size, unless otherwise noted is 3-6 students. Gosh Yarn It! reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not meet the required minimum enrollment (but we hope we’ll never need to). A missed individual session of a class cannot be refunded or made up (but we’ll be happy to try to help you catch-up on what you missed). Any class cancelled due to inclement weather will be re-scheduled.
Some other classes coming soon…
STARTING YOUR SWIRL with Carolyn Kern… This class will guide you in selecting, sizing, and starting your choice of Swirl Sweater patterns from the book, Knit Swirl! by Sandra McIver
FRINGE BENEFIT with Ann Ross… Learn about provisional cast-on’s for this triangular scarf that starts at center back and is the perfect excuse to splurge (just a little) on a luxury yarn.
ENTRELAC with Carolyn Kern
KNITTING LACE FOR THE FIRST TIME with Ann Ross
Don’t see what you were looking for? Please let us know. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.