Did you know our upcoming classes cover all 6 of our customers’ all-time, most-requested knitting techniques? We check all the boxes: socks, sweaters, stranded and brioche knitting, seaming, and fixing mistakes. There’s even a class in mosaic knitting, just for the fun of it.
- Make your first sweater an Iba* cardigan, Monday, October 14 & 28, 6-8 pm.
- Learn stranded knitting with the Ballard* hat in Kelbourne Woolens Scout, Saturday, October 19, 11 am-1 pm.
Our shipment of Scout arrives next week, and it’s coming with a trunk show!
- Master reversible 2-color brioche stitch in the Brioche Cowl class, Monday, October 21, 6-8 pm.
- Knit Oxford Socks* from the toe up with easy German short rows, Saturday, October 26, 9 am-12 pm.
- Grab a spot in Oops!, our #1 most requested class, October 26, 1:30-3:30 pm.
- Play with mosaic knitting making the Incise Hat*, Saturday, November 9, 9-11:30 am.
- Seam like a pro, thanks to our Seams So Easy class, Saturday, November 16, 1:30-3:30 pm.
Find more details on these classes over on our Classes page. Please call the shop soon to register, 570-287-9999.
Now, about those shawls for fall… Jill and I have cast on for our Drift* and Oaken* shawls, respectively. Care to join us in making a cozy, warm shawl now that frost is in the forecast?
Above, Jill’s Malabrigo Rios Drift and, below, my Berroco Vintage Oaken on their needles. Yep, Jill got a slight headstart on me, but I’m catching up quickly with all that easy garter stitch.
In my own defense, I did just finish making the sample and writing up a free shop pattern for our new Berroco Coco, a super bulky superwash merino. It’s called the Coco Twist Cowl. It’s a one skein, one night project. Gift knitting, anyone?
Time for your FOs: Here is Joan’s sumptuous Comfort Fade Cardi* from designer Andrea Mowry. Her beautifully blended colors are 3 shades of Dream in Color BFL Silk DK.
A close-up of a perfect fade…
This is Joan’s jaunty Paper Bag Cap, a free pattern on Ravelry from Lisa Myers. She had fun knitting it in Maxima from Manos del Uruguay.
Knit sideways with a crown shaped with short rows, it’s a great choice for variegated and kettle-dyed worsted weight yarns, too, such as Malabrigo Rios or Lana Grossa Gomitolo Merino.
I’ll close with a second hat in Manos Maxima, Steven’s classic ribbed beanie, Two by Two by Anne Gagnon, another free Ravelry pattern. Keep both these hats in mind as we move into gift knitting season!
*Note: All patterns marked with an asterisk(*) are available at Gosh Yarn It!