Call 570.287.9999 to get more information or register for a class
BEGINNER KNITTING & PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
Whether you’re just starting out or have a project or technique in mind, you can design your own class. Register for an hour-long session of private instruction, $15. Groups of up to 3 can be accommodated at the same time.
- This event has passed.
INCISE HAT: Mosaic Knitting
November 9 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am$35
Mosaic knitting is as easy as slipping a stitch. Hunter Hammersen’s clever Incise actually includes three different stitch patterns, but this class focuses on Hat B (shown on top, below), with a fun, repetitive mosaic design. A tubular 1×1 cast on will be demonstrated as an option for the brim.
Prerequisites: Know how to cast on, knit, purl, increase, decrease, bind off, knit in the round, and read charts.
Materials: Approx. 150 yards main color and 125 yards contrast color worsted weight yarn; 16” circular needle and DPNs in size to get gauge (see pattern for more information); copy of Incise by Hunter Hammersen (available from GYI).
GYI CLASS POLICIES
- With the exception of Knitting 101, basic knitting skills are required to attend our classes. You must know how to knit, purl, cast on, and bind off. If you’d like help mastering the fundamentals before taking a class, please take our Knitting 101 instruction.
- Payment is due at registration. Fees are non-refundable unless class is cancelled by Gosh Yarn It! Class withdrawals will be accepted with 2 weeks advance notice and store credit will be issued for class fee. If less than 2 weeks notice is given, store credit will be given only if we can fill your space in the class with another student.
- Gosh Yarn It! reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not meet the required minimum enrollment of 3 students; class fees can be be refunded or held as store credit to be used for enrollment in future classes or private instruction. Any class cancelled due to inclement weather will be re-scheduled.
- Supplies for Knitting 101 are included in the class fee. Unless otherwise noted, however, materials are not included in fees.
- We really do appreciate your business and give participants a 10% discount on all in-stock supplies required for classes. To avoid disappointment with your finished product, we ask that you purchase all your class materials at GYI.
- Bring basic notions with you to class, including scissors, round and locking stitch markers, a small crochet hook (“fixer”), and a darning needle.
- Please purchase supplies and wind yarn prior to class. If this is not possible, please arrive in plenty of time before session begins to do so. A yarn winder and swift are available for student use.