Call 570.287.9999 to get more information or register for a class
BEGINNER KNITTING & PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
Whether you’re just starting out or have a project or technique in mind, you can design your own class. Register for an hour-long session of private instruction, $15. Groups of up to 3 can be accommodated at the same time.
Events Search and Views Navigation
Second of two sessions. First session on Saturday, March 16, 10:30am-1:00pm.Find out more »
Here’s an ideal first sweater project to introduce you to seamless top-down construction. By making a baby/child size sweater first, you’ll quickly master techniques needed to knit adult sweaters. May be knit with or without contrast stripes. Note: This is a 2 session class. The second meeting will be held Thursday, April 18, 4:30 - 7:00pm. Materials: Copy of Jennifer Steingass' Adventures With Rainbows (available at GYI); yarn, needles, and notions as per pattern.Find out more »
Once exotic, short rows have become an indispensable technique for shaping knitted fabric. The standard Wrap & Turn method has a lot of competition these days. In this class you’ll “try on” W&T, Japanese, Yarnover, German, and Shadow Wrap short rows to find your favorite. GYI's adaptation of Kirsten Kapur's Fort Tryon Wrap will be provided. Prerequisites: Know how to cast on, knit, purl, increase, decrease, and bind off. Materials: Copy of Fort Tryon Wrap pattern (available at GYI), approx. 100…Find out more »
Suddenly your stitch count has changed and your pattern is off. Did a stitch drop? Did you miss a decrease or make one too many? Which row are you on anyway? It’s hard to fix knitting gone wrong when you aren't sure what “right” looks like. In this class you will learn to identify stitches within knit fabric, both in plain knitting and in pattern, and to accurately count stitches and rows. Once you can “read” your knitting, you can…Find out more »
Second of two sessions. First session on Thursday, April 4, 4:30-7:00pm.Find out more »
Will you ever go back to cuff-down once you go toe-up? Only one way to find out! Use either the Magic Loop method or two circulars to make a half-size practice sock in this 3-hour workshop. Learn Judy’s Magic Cast-on for a seamless start at the toe. Pattern provided. Prerequisites: Know how to cast on, knit, purl, increase, decrease, bind off, and knit in the round, also previous experience knitting socks cuff-down. Materials: 100 yds worsted weight yarn; US 6/4mm needles,…Find out more »
GYI CLASS POLICIES
- With the exception of Knitting 101, basic knitting skills are required to attend our classes. You must know how to knit, purl, cast on, and bind off. If you’d like help mastering the fundamentals before taking a class, please take our Knitting 101 instruction.
- Payment is due at registration. Fees are non-refundable unless class is cancelled by Gosh Yarn It! Class withdrawals will be accepted with 2 weeks advance notice and store credit will be issued for class fee. If less than 2 weeks notice is given, store credit will be given only if we can fill your space in the class with another student.
- Gosh Yarn It! reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not meet the required minimum enrollment of 3 students; class fees can be be refunded or held as store credit to be used for enrollment in future classes or private instruction. Any class cancelled due to inclement weather will be re-scheduled.
- Supplies for Knitting 101 are included in the class fee. Unless otherwise noted, however, materials are not included in fees.
- We really do appreciate your business and give participants a 10% discount on all in-stock supplies required for classes. To avoid disappointment with your finished product, we ask that you purchase all your class materials at GYI.
- Bring basic notions with you to class, including scissors, round and locking stitch markers, a small crochet hook (“fixer”), and a darning needle.
- Please purchase supplies and wind yarn prior to class. If this is not possible, please arrive in plenty of time before session begins to do so. A yarn winder and swift are available for student use.