Call 570.287.9999 to get more information or register for a class
DESIGN YOUR OWN CLASS: Private Instruction
What would you like to learn? Design your own private lessons in knitting or crochet. You pick the project and/or the techniques. Register for a single hour-long lesson or save when you purchase two or more classes, which can be scheduled at mutually convenient times. Want to work on the same project with friends? Groups of up to 3 can be accommodated at the same time.
Fees: 1 class – $15; 2 classes – $27.50; 3 classes – $40
Events Search and Views Navigation
Make a pair of these intuitively cabled mitts as a gift for someone truly “knit-worthy.” A great first cable knitting project. Pattern is both written and charted. $30. Materials: Copy of Ballydesmond pattern by Irish Girlie Knits (available at GYI); 185 yds worsted weight yarn; Size US 6 (4.0mm) double point or circular needle(s); cable needle, stitch markers. Some pre-class work required.Find out more »
Let Stephanie show you how to choose, size, and knit sweaters you will love to wear. She will cover how to find patterns that suit both figure and personal style, how to customize patterns for great fit, and how to select yarns and swatch for a successful sweater every time. An invaluable introduction to realizing your full knitting potential: a sweater you can be proud of.Find out more »
Suddenly your stitch count has changed and your pattern is off. Did a stitch drop? Did you miss a decrease or make one too many? It’s hard to fix knitting gone wrong when you aren't sure what “right” looks like. In this class you will learn to identify stitches within knit fabric, both in plain knitting and in pattern, and to accurately count stitches and rows. Once you can “read” your knitting, you can fix your knitting. Materials: Approx. 50…Find out more »
Love the actual knitting part but not all those loose ends where you start and stop? Tame your yarn with new ways to join yarns mid-project, secure tails as you knit, make jogless jogs when changing colors, and invisibly weave in loose ends. $25. Materials: Approx. 50 yds light-colored worsted weight wool; Size US 8 (5mm) needles.Find out more »
Knitters seem to be continually coming up with ways to improve their craft. Ann will share some of the new tricks she’s learned for more effortless increases and decreases, neater cast-ons and bind-offs, smoother edges, more invisible short rows and more. Participants will be encouraged to share their own favorite “unventions,” as Elizabeth Zimmermann called them. $25. Materials: Approx. 50 yds light-colored worsted weight wool; Size US 8 (5mm) needles.Find out more »
GYI CLASS POLICIES
- With the exception of Knitting 101, basic knitting skills are required to attend our classes. You must know how to knit, purl, cast on, and bind off. If you’d like help mastering the fundamentals before taking a class, please take our Knitting 101 instruction.
- Payment is due at registration. Fees are non-refundable unless class is cancelled by Gosh Yarn It! Class withdrawals will be accepted with 2 weeks advance notice and store credit will be issued for class fee. If less than 2 weeks notice is given, store credit will be given only if we can fill your space in the class with another student.
- Gosh Yarn It! reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not meet the required minimum enrollment of 3 students; class fees can be be refunded or held as store credit to be used for enrollment in future classes or private instruction. Any class cancelled due to inclement weather will be re-scheduled.
- Supplies for Knitting 101 are included in the class fee. Unless otherwise noted, however, materials are not included in fees.
- We really do appreciate your business and give participants a 10% discount on all in-stock supplies required for classes. To avoid disappointment with your finished product, we ask that you purchase all your class materials at GYI.
- Bring basic notions with you to class, including scissors, round and locking stitch markers, a small crochet hook (“fixer”), and a darning needle.
- Please purchase supplies and wind yarn prior to class. If this is not possible, please arrive in plenty of time before session begins to do so. A yarn winder and swift are available for student use.